The Future of Trades
Check out our FACEBOOK Photo Album
Registered Apprenticeship Program and Career & Technologies Scholarship Celebration ...the future of trades
Hosted by CAREERS: The Next Generation, on behalf of Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training, "The Future of Trades" annual reception and awards evening celebrates the success of Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) and Career & Technology Studies (CTS) Scholarship Recipients.
Scholarship students go above and beyond in their trades internships and apprenticeships, and it is important to acknowledge their extraordinary dedication and drive. These individuals, along with their families, employers and educators are invited to join us to recognize their achievement in a formal awards presentation.
This high-profile event is well attended by industry leaders, employers, government and deputy ministers, and various representatives from Alberta's education system.
How to claim your Scholarship:
Interested in receiving the RAP/CTS Scholarship next year?
Here's how to qualify...
A RAP student must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, and a resident of Alberta as defined by Alberta Scholarship Programs;
- have completed the requirements for a high school diploma in June or earlier;
- be registered as an Alberta apprentice in a trade while still attending high school;
- have completed a minimum of 250 hours of on-the-job training and work experience in your trade;
- be continuing in an approved regular apprenticeship program;
- have NOT been awarded a RAP Scholarship previously; and have at least one period of technical training remaining.