CAREERS currently offers two career camps in trades, industrial technologies, and health.
Health Sciences Career Camp
Length: 4.5 days
Dates: August 11 - 15, 2014
Location: Edmonton, AB
For students in Grade 10-12 (as of September 2014)
Interested in a health care profession?
CAREERS: The Next Generation has partnered up with Alberta Health Services, Covenant Health, MacEwan University, NAIT, NorQuest College and the University of Alberta to offer an interactive, educational and unique summer camp opportunity for students interested in a health career.
This interactive, educational and unique summer camp will provide students with the opportunity to test-drive a wide variety of health sciences programs and careers.
- Participate in hands-on activities and interactive demonstrations
- Tour labs and interact with patients
- Go behind the scenes at local health care facilities
- Learn about the variety of programs available at several post-secondary institutions
- Meet health care professionals and hear their stories first hand
- Discover hundreds of career paths in health care
Click here for more information
Power Engineering Camp
Length: 5 days
Dates: June 22-27, 2014
Opportunity: Students currently enrolled in post-secondary power engineering theory courses can attend this overnight camp for hands-on classes during the day and fun activities in the evenings. Students earn two high school credits for attending.