Health Sciences CAREER Camp
Health Sciences CAREERS Academy
Discover your career path in health care at one of these four events this summer:
Lethbridge/Medicine Hat, Alberta – August 8-11, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta – August 14-18, 2017
Calgary, Alberta – August 14-16, 2017
*NEW* Red Deer, Alberta - August 15-17, 2017
*NEW* Grande Prairie, Alberta - August 22-24, 2017
*NEW* Health Academy for Aboriginal Youth, Edmonton - August 21-23, 2017
For students in Grade 10-12 (as of September 2017)
Interested in a career in health care?
Here’s a great opportunity to explore a variety of careers through the Health Sciences CAREERS Academy.
CAREERS: The Next Generation and Alberta Health Services have partnered with local post-secondary institutions to offer an interactive, educational and unique summer camp opportunity for students interested in a health care career.
Intended for students in Grade 10-12 (as of September 2017) participants will:
- Learn about dozens of health care careers and the pathways to get there
- Participate in hands-on activities and interactive demonstrations
- Tour classroom labs and interact with instructors and students
- Go behind the scenes at local health care facilities
- Learn about the variety of programs available at regional post-secondary institutions
- Meet health care professionals and hear stories first hand